2019–2020 Transportation Policy
- All students in grades K through 6 who reside more than 2.0 miles from their assigned schools will be bused free of charge.
- Students in grades 7 through 12 are not eligible for free bus transportation.
The annual cost per child is $360.00 with a cap of $1,080.00 per family. Applications must be received before June 17, 2019. First payment (minimum $180) will be due at the time of enrollment. The balance payment will be due by July 19, 2019.
The Pay To Ride Program enrollment period is available now thru June 17, 2019. Students who enroll during this time period will be guaranteed bus seats. The only exceptions to this deadline will be for families who move into Franklin (or relocate within Franklin after June 17, 2019). Parents who do not meet the June 17th regular enrollment deadline will be placed on a waiting list and will have a second opportunity to enroll their child/children on a space available basis as of September 27, 2019.
Acceptable forms of payment include:
- Check or Money Order (payable to “Town of Franklin”). Please include Student ID in the memo line
- Franklin's Online Payment Center where you can pay by credit car or electronic check. You will need your Student's ID. To pay online go to
- Pay Online
- Credit Card: We accept MasterCard, American Express, and Discover for credit card payments. There will be a convenience fee for each online payment. The credit card service provider charges teh fee to your credit card
- Electronic Check: There will be a $0.25 processing fee for all ACH payments
- Pay Online
The Transportation Office is located on the 2nd floor of the School Administration Office at 355 East Central Street. For any questions, please contact Denise Johnson, Coordinator of Transportation at (508) 553-4815. Office hours are Monday through Thursday, from 8:30am to 3:00pm.
Bus passes may be picked up at your child’s school the week of August 19-23. Bus routes will be posted on the district's website mid-August.
Please note that refunds are only issued on a case-by-case basis only prior to the start of the school year.