Jefferson School Attendance Line: (508) 541-2120
Provide the following information when calling school personnel when your child is absent from school due to illness:
- Student’s name.
- Classroom number or teacher’s name.
- Date(s) of absences.
Do NOT leave the following information on the absence line:
- Confidential medical information. Please speak to the nurse directly.
- Requests for homework.
- Messages for classroom teacher or for solutions personnel.
When should you call the school nurse about a child with an illness?
We encourage parents/guardians to call any time they have concerns about symptoms or an illness and specifically for the following reasons:
- A new medical diagnosis, or a change in your child’s health status; i.e. the diagnosis of an allergy.
- A newly prescribed medication, or any change(s) in a current medication.
- A serious injury such as an illness or hospitalization.
- A fracture, sprain, stitches, cast or need for crutches/wheelchair.
- A contagious disease such as chicken pox, flu, strep throat, whooping cough (pertussis), salmonella, measles, etc.
- If your child is absent for an extended period of time with atypical symptoms for a prolonged period of time, do not hesitate to call the nurse to share information.
- If there are any recent changes in your family that may affect your child; i.e. a birth, recent loss, or sudden illness.