FHS Class of 2021,
I’m writing with an update on tonight's graduation. After much investigation into the weather and plans of your weekend, a decision has been made to move the start time. Therefore, given the information we have at this point, we have decided to keep graduation as scheduled for tonight but move the start time to 7:00 pm. We plan to open the gates for seating at 6:00 pm (weather permitting). We also ask that the graduates meet in the GYM between 5:45 - 6:00 pm. Should there be lightning during the ceremony, we will ask guests to return to their vehicles for 30 minutes, then return to the field to continue the ceremony. We don’t anticipate this happening, but we wanted to let everyone know the plan if it were to occur.
We anticipate the chairs will get wet during the afternoon, so please dress accordingly, pack an umbrella and consider bringing a towel with you to wipe down your seats.
I am fully aware that making a decision like this is not going to please everyone. However, talking with many seniors yesterday at rehearsal, it was clear that they wanted to try and keep the graduation ceremony scheduled for tonight.
Thank you for your continued support, patience, and understanding. I’m looking forward to a great ceremony this evening!
Finally, here is information on the car parade tomorrow.
- Watch the Graduation Ceremony livestream here >> Franklin TV << and also can be viewed on Comcast Channel 96 or Verizon Channel 28. You can also listen to it live on wfpr●fm 102.9 FranklinTV will also repeat the broadcast of The Graduation Ceremony and Car Parade the following week and post them to their Video-on-Demand service where you may download them.
- Friday, June 4th, @ 7:00 PM outside at Pisini Stadium (on the Football field between HMMS and FHS) Grads need to arive in the GYM by 6:00 PM to line up; gates also open at 6:00 for guests.
- Guests will enter the stadium at the Horace Mann Entrance to the field; anyone who has pre-arranged accessible seating will enter at the FHS entrance to the field.
- Raindate is Saturday, June 5th.
- GRADUATION CEREMONY UPDATE LETTER FROM MR. HANNA SENT 5/21/2021 >> CLICK HERE
Seating /tickets for Graduation- updated 5/21/2021:
Tickets were distributed to graduates at the final grad rehearsal (each student received 4 regular and 2 standing room tickets). Students that did not recieve their tickets due to outstanding items can pick them up in the Main Office once they have returned items and paid outstanding balances.
The State of Massachusetts adjusted the guidelines again for High School Graduations. We have adjusted with the new guidance and hope this information will bring clarity to the Graduation Ceremony:
- Graduating Seniors will be seated as a class. The Graduates will process into the stadium and be dismissed to their families/guests upon the ceremony’s conclusion.
- Graduating Seniors will be given tickets for 6 guests, 4 to be seated in a pod, and 2 for standing room only in designated areas around the stadium. All guests will be required to present their ticket upon entering the stadium no earlier than 4:00 pm. Tickets will be issued to students during the Thursday graduation rehearsal.
- Pods will not be assigned. We will have 451 pods of 4 seats set up with a 6-foot distance between pods. Guests will be free to sit at a pod of their choice.
- Masks will not be required. Attendees will are encouraged to distance themselves from individuals not in their household as feasible. Attendees are encouraged to wear face coverings if they are not vaccinated.
- If you need to request accessibility accommodations on the athletic field, please contact the Main Office. There are no special tickets for accessibility accomodations. Those guests requiring seating accomondations will use the regular white tickets.
- Parking is available at FHS, Horace Mann, the Senior center and the Ice rink. There will be a shuttle bus from the Rink and the Senior Center.
- 1st floor House Office: Arrive to the gym at 8:00. The assembly will conclude by 8:50
- 2nd floor House Office: Arrive to the gym at 8:50. The assembly will conclude by 9:40
- 3rd floor House Office: Arrive to the gym at 9:40. The assembly will conclude by 10:30
Senior Boxes: will be distributed to students after class meetings on June 1st. They will contain student caps and gowns, academic and medical records, awards, stoles and cords. Anyone who has not picked up their senior box should contact their assistant principal.
Photography- GradImages will be taking photos of every graduate during the ceremony. Students/Parents/Guardians can pre-register on their website prior to Graduation so that when the proofs are ready you will be notified via email and text and can view them immediately. You are under no obligation to purchase anything from GradImages, but if you would like to, pre-registering is a way to make sure you do not miss seeing those photos as soon as they are available. Click HERE to pre-register at GradImages.
Students have already signed up, bought tickets and received an email stating which date they are attending Prom. Prom is from 6:00-10:00 pm in the outdoor tented area of Lake Pearl. There will be a DJ, dancing and dinner served. Masks are no longer required outdoors.