- Those students that have just moved to Franklin, those students who are transferring to FHS from private high schools, online schools, religious high schools, home schooling, or Tri-County, or any students who did not attend Franklin Public Schools this year
- Students entering 9th grade who attended and completed their 8th grade year at Horace Mann, Annie Sullivan, or Remington Middle Schools do not need to complete this process.
The following additional steps need to be taken to complete your student's registration at Franklin High School :
Step 4: Scan or take a photo of the following documents (or have prior school email them) and email them to the FHS REGISTRAR at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Release of Information Form<<please click on this link, print form, complete it, sign the bottom, and email the completed form back to the FHS Registrar at email@example.com ; this will be used to request student academic records from prior school.
- Transcript from previous school- Upperclassmen will need an official transcript from last high school. Incoming 9th graders can provide a final 8th grade report card in lieu of a transcript. You can also have previous school email this document to the FHS Registrar directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attendance and Discipline Records from previous school-student cannot start school at FHS unless we have these documents in hand. Click here to print our Discipline and Attendance release form to hand to your old school for completion, or you can forward it to them. You can also have previous school email the attendance and discipline information on their own form directly to the FHS registrar at email@example.com
- Immunization record All immunizations must be up to date; FHS School Nurse will review this information. Student cannot start school at FHS unless we have this in hand. (if you did not already upload it to the Aspen registration)
- Last Physical examination-physicals are valid for 13 months from date of physical. (if you did already not upload it to the Aspen registration)
- IEP-including most recent evaluation reports, or 504 plan, if applicable
- MCAS Scores if student attended school in Massachusetts before registering at FHS
- ELL Records/ACCESS testing, if applicable, for students whose native language is not English
These additional forms are for your convenience, but not required:
- Free and Reduced Price Lunch Application (online application) Although lunch is free for everyone, this application can be filled out at anytime to see if you qualify for additional discounts (i.e. free or reduced cost school bus transportation)
- Pay To Ride School Bus information - this takes you to the district transportation page-you can apply and pay for the bus there. You will need your student's ID number to register for the bus
- Athletes: If your student was an athlete at their prior school, and would like to participate in athletics at FHS, please print out and complete these (2) forms and return the completed forms to the Registrar.
STEP 5: Once you have completed the online registration form, have received a confirmation from the registrar that your documents were complete and approved, and you have emailed all of the additional required documents (from step #4 of this page), and completed the (3) online forms (from step#4 of this page), the FHS Registrar will email or call you to make an appointment with a Guidance Counselor to create a class schedule and have a building tour.