The purpose of the School Start Times Advisory Committee will be to study the feasibility of adjusting school start times in Franklin based on current research related to children and sleep. The Advisory Committee will also consider any proposed changes within the local context. Representatives from the Advisory Committee will present their findings and possible recommendations for the School Committee to consider. Changes to school start times, if any, are to be decided by the Franklin School Committee.
- Research on sleep and adolescents
- Impacts on before school programs and childcare
- Impacts on after school programs and childcare
- Implications for transportation
- School start times in other Districts
- Implications for employees